It’s that time of year again when we’re all starting to panic about what gifts we’ll be giving for Christmas. As easy as it is to give somebody a voucher, it’s nice to give people a gift that you know they’ll love and cherish. Black Friday is fast approaching and its the perfect day to get your gifts at a discounted price.
With the increase in the size of the health and fitness industry people are becoming a lot more interested in their well-being and leading a healthier lifestyle. Nowadays we are cursing people for buying us a box of chocolate rather than thanking them. Luckily there are a lot more gift options available for healthy eaters and gym goers on the market. Here are a few gift ideas, some that I already have and some that are on my wish list, for your health-conscious friends.
Yes, you may think that I’m contradicting myself after the above statement but there are a whole lot of healthy chocolate alternatives on the market. You could keep it simple with a bar of 85% Lindt dark chocolate or go even healthier with all-natural chocolates. My favourites are Loving Earth chocolate which come in a variety of different flavours such as banoffee, fruit and nut, raspberry and salted caramel. They are organic, dairy free, gluten free and vegan friendly and made with ingredients such as raw cacao beans, coconut nectar, and coconut. These are available to purchase on Nourish.ie
Another brand that are new to the Irish market are Nobó who have release chocolate disks which are very similar to Loving Earth both taste wise and ingredients wise. You can purchase these on nobo.ie and they are currently offering free delivery on orders over €10.
2) Himalayan Salt Lamps
You may have seen these babies popping up in peoples houses lately and there is a good reason for it. Not only do they look lovely, Himalayan Salt Lamps provide a lot of health benefits when lighting in one’s home. They are actually made of a big lump of salt and the heat causes water to evaporate off of the lamp creating negative ions. These ions pair up with positive ions emitted from phones, laptops etc. and basically cleanse the air. These lamps are proving to improve mood, help sleep, reduce stress and asthma symptoms, increase blood flow and so much more. You can get your hands on one in most health stores for as little as €22.
3) Foam Rollers
I’ve only just starting using these recently to finish off my gym sessions and I’ve become obsessed. Foam Rollers are cylindrical shaped pieces of equipment which you roll against a part of your body to basically massage yourself. A foam roller helps with muscle recovery as you roll it against tense muscles to release knots and trapped nerves and it also increases blood circulation. These are a perfect gift for any gym lovers or even friends who suffer with muscle pain. I’ve seem them in places such as TK Maxx, Lifestyle Sports and on Amazon.
4) Healthy Cookbooks
Yet another perfect gift for anybody who loves to cook but is trying to stay healthy. It’s so easy to find healthy recipes online but there’s nothing like having a physical book in front you without fear that you may not be able to find a recipe you love again as you forgot to save the link. Some of my favourite books are Half Hour Hero by Roz Purcell, Eat Smart by Niomi Smart, Get the Glow by Madeleine Shaw and The Happy Pear by Stephen & David Flynn.
5) Natural Candles
There’s nothing like lighting a few candles on a cold evening and curling up with a book or a movie. Sure, it’s easy to pick up a Yankee Candle anywhere but I’ve found that candles made with all natural ingredients smell much nicer, last longer and don’t leave the room a bit smoky. One of my favourite candle brands is an Irish one called Julie Clarke. They are made from a blend of soya, beeswax and essential oils.
Another brand that I’ve only tried once but I’ll definitely be looking to buy more are an Australian brand called Indigo Flame. They also produce soy candles and I have to say they smell divine.
Both of these brands can be found on Google.
6) Natural Beauty Products
Beauty products are a great gift to give as we all love to pamper ourselves sometimes. Whether it’s a face mask, a cleansing kit, bath salts or body wash, this is a git that will be much appreciated. There are so many incredible natural brands out there but my absolute favourites are LUSH and The Body Shop as they are guaranteed cruelty free. You can LUSH products (my favourites are the Mask of Magnaminty face mask and the Sleepy body lotion) on their website uk.lush.com and you can find The Body Shop products in a lot of pharmacies, Debenhams, online and in their own stores across the country.
The above are just a few of many gift ideas to give to your healthy pals but if you still haven’t found something you like then below are just a few more gift ideas that may be likely to float your boat. I hope that this blog post was helpful and that your friends will love their gifts.
Until next time,
- Fulfil Protein Bar Selection box €13 : https://bodyfirst.ie/product/fulfil-nutrition-protein-bar-christmas-selection-box-6-bars-personalised/
- Bluetooth gym earphones £14 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-Bluetooth-Headphones-Waterproof-Microphone-Black/dp/B01LZEHPO9/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1510753500&sr=8-6&keywords=bluetooth+gym+earphones
- Reusable Eco Friendly Coffee Cup (Prices Range): https://eu.keepcup.com/?country=Ireland
- Kettlebell Set €34.99: https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/york-2-3-4kg-vinyl-kettlebell-set/1259729941.prd?gclid=CjwKCAiA6K_QBRA8EiwASvtjZSRlgGnk3nW3ffVEuAHo4LpfWggj4BunFUzny2G0KBlU92kfBMLLKBoCvbkQAvD_BwE#sku=sku14298417?cm_mmc=google-_-categorymissing-_-sports+%26+leisure+-+weight+training+-+kettlebells-_-na_141876520755&utm_medium=cpc&k_clickid=_kenshoo_clickid_&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=*Shopping%20-%20Gen%20-%20Sports%20&%20Leisure%20(WG)&utm_term=na&utm_content=141876520755&profileid=491&keywordid=na&productgroupid=pg369990&device=c
- Fruit Infuser Water Bottle €11: https://www.amazon.com/Organics-Fruit-Infuser-Water-Bottle/dp/B00ULRCA0U/ref=br_lf_m_fymhcbcmmpcp9q4_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=kitchen
- Essential Oils Gift Set €18: http://www.boots.ie/tisserand-everyday-essential-oil-kit-3-x-9-ml-10166693
- A Nice Wash Bag €-€€€: http://www.debenhams.ie/beauty/beauty-accessories/wash-bags
- Excercise Phone Armband €10.50: https://ie.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-x-lite-reflect-arm-band-765172?colcode=76517290&gclid=CjwKCAiA6K_QBRA8EiwASvtjZVPBMnhPnja2gUAfgKc-iF1A_E_STM-uskUDyBl5OuKclczyTKJYbRoC8gkQAvD_BwE
- One Gallon Water Bottle €10.90: https://www.myprotein.ie/protein-accessories/myprotein-1-gallon-hydrator/11276782.html