If you’ve been following me for a while you will have noticed that I’m a huge oats fan and have eaten porridge for breakfast almost daily for the past year!
Lately I’ve noticed that oats haven’t been agreeing with my tummy so I was super intrigued when I cam across my last Q&A guest Laura’s instagram stories where she had been replacing porridge with quinoa. Laura had been cooking it they way you normally would prepare quinoa but I wanted to see if I could put a more oat-y twist on it.
I’m now OBSESSED with this recipe! It’s vegan, high in protein, super filling and above all DELICIOUS. Let me know if you give it a go!!
- 70g Quinoa
- 250ml Almond Milk, plus 50ml extra to serve. (or any other milk)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of Vanilla Essence
- 20g Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder (optional)
Toppings: Banana, Berries, Peanut Butter (I like to make a peanut butter sauce), dark chocolate, chocshot, chia seeds, grated apple, nuts etc.
- Rinse your quinoa in a sieve and transfer it to a small saucepan.
- Pour in 250ml almond milk, vanilla essence and cinnamon.
- Place the pan on a medium/high heat and bring to a boil. One boiling reduce to a simmer.
- Allow the quinoa to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all of the liquid has absorbed.
- Fluff the quinoa up with a fork. Add the protein powder if you are using it.
- Transfer to a bowl and pour in the remaining 50ml milk.
- Add your toppings of choice. I like to use peanut butter powder to make a sauce and a drizzle of chocshot with some berries.
- Dig in!