This breakfast is the perfect way to start your morning! It tastes like dessert and is packed full of healthy ingredients to kick start your day. It is also a source of complex carbohydrates which will give you a steady release of energy throughout the morning!
I have made this recipe plenty of times and have recently started switching out the oats for buckwheat or rice and millet flakes for easier digestion. You can use whichever you prefer and feel free to change up you toppings!
Banana Bread Porridge (Serves 1)
- 50g oats/buckwheat flakes
- 125ml almond milk or milk of choice
- 125ml water
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1tsp honey/maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4tsp ground ginger
Toppings: 1/2 banana, cacao nibs, granola, berries, peanut butter etc.
- Put the almond milk and water into a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer once boiling.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, vanilla, sweetener and spices and stir well.
- Once the oats have absorbed some of the liquid add the mashed banana and stir again. Cook until the oats have absorbed all of the liquid and have reached your desired consistency.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a bowl and add your favourite toppings.
Until next time,